Saturday, June 4, 2011

Lessons Learned


Snowflake temple--sister temple of the Winter Quarters Temple

We have had months of trial and disappointment just like many others.  Believe me, I don't feel like I am the only person on earth that feels almost desperate at times.  I choose to rely on the heritage of faith I know will not desert me.  So here ar a few lessons learned straight from my journal!
  • The Lord does not expect that which we cannot achieve.  God will not require more than the best we can give, but he does require our best.
  • D&C 121:45 ...let virtue garnish thy thought unceasingly; then shall thy confidence was strong in the presence of God;....  This means thinking in a hopeful and positive way.  This promotes faith.  Thinking in a fearful and anxious way invites contention and allows Satan to magnify our fears.
  • Four things you need to say often:
    1. I love you
    2. I'm sorry
    3. Yes dear
    4. We can't afford that
  • The road to exaltation is marked by 3 things:
    1. Covenants Kept
    2. Service Given
    3. Love Extended
  • Spiritual growth is a choice to choice process--Learn to recognize the Lord's approval.

<> 
<> 
Kansas City Temple during severe weather in May 2011
for more pictures go here.
We too can weather the storms of life.  Just remember your covenants and keep your chin up.

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment